Meet our Safeguarding Team
Designated Safeguarding Lead
Deputy Safeguarding Lead
Deputy Safeguarding Lead
Staff Governor - Safeguarding
Governor with responsibility for Safeguarding
The Governing Body of Mayfield School takes seriously its responsibility under Section 175 of the Education Act 2002 to safeguard and promote the welfare of children; and to work together with other agencies to ensure adequate arrangements within our school to identify, assess and support those children who are suffering from harm.
Mayfield School is committed to ensure all children are safe-guarded and that pupil welfare is paramount. We are proud of the comments in our last Ofsted Report stated,
“Safeguarding is a strength. You and your team has ensured that pupils are in a safe and secure environment by promoting the clear message that safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility”
- To establish and maintain an ethos where children feel secure and encouraged to talk and are listened to within an open and positive school atmosphere.
- To ensure that children have an identified member of staff in school who they can talk to and systems in place if they are worried or are in difficulty.
- To include in the curriculum activities and opportunities for RHE and Kidsafe which equip children with skills and the need to stay safe from abuse which will help children develop realistic attitudes to the responsibilities of adult life, particularly with regard to childcare and parenting skills.
- To make every effort to establish effective working relationships with parents and colleagues from other agencies, such as the police and social care.
- To ensure all teaching and non teaching staff are aware of their need to safeguard children and of their responsibilities in identifying and reporting possible cases of abuse and to monitor children known or thought to be at risk of harm.
- To ensure that all adults within our school who have substantial access to children have been checked as to their suitability, in accordance with OFSTED regulations.
- To make any referrals necessary to ensure the well being of pupils is safe guarded.
If in doubt, any one with concerns should seek advice from the Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) Sam Kidd add DSLs and Gov (Jonny) or contact Children’s Services directly on 0333 240 1727.
All staff, employed at Mayfield School, undertake accredited Level 1 Safeguarding Training annually. As per statutory procedure, all employees also complete Prevent Training every year, along with County lines.
In addition to this, as part of their CPD, all staff complete other relevant training, relating to safeguarding and child protection, at regular intervals throughout the year. Sam, Tracey and David (Chair of Governors) are all trained in Safer Recruitment.
School meets bi weekly with social care – both children and transition
School liaises with the DSL group at LA level